Java Desktop Development
Dev-Fx developers apply up-to-date technologies to build Java desktop applications.
We have been using Eclipse RCP 3.1 since its release in June 2005, when we discovered
a potential for significant cost reduction in our customers' projects.
Eclipse Related Services
- Eclipse/RCP plug-in development
- Desktop software development
- RCP-based client applications
- Enterprise solutions with RCP front-end and J2EE back-end
- Migration of legacy applications to Eclipse RCP using IBM Workplace and OLE objects,
which allows smooth and gradual transition.
What is Eclipse?
Eclipse is an open-source plug-in based framework for Java software development.
This is the fastest growing development platform supported by industry leaders.
The popularity of this platform makes many ready-to-use plug-ins available for custom
projects, which reduces the project cost and time-to-market.
Eclipse RCP provides a set of plug-ins for development of rich desktop applications.
It helps enhance the functionality of your custom project and enriches its visual
Eclipse RCP License allows development of closed-source software products.
Eclipse RCP Advantages
When appropriate, Dev-Fx's Java programmers recommend
Eclipse RCP for our customers' software projects:
- User interface is built using the native visual elements of the deployment platform,
which makes software familiar to the user.
- An Auto-update function reduces software update cost, and the user always has an
up-to-date version of the application.
- Plug-in based development produces a modular structure and allows selected modules
to be put together in different software versions.
- We reduce software cost using numerous third-party plug-INS - texts, HTML and table
editors, integration tools, information visualization tools, and more.
- We integrate commercial platforms having Eclipse plug-ins easily and cost-effectivly.
- We can integrate Office applications into your software product using supported
- We develop high-quality Help files using the built-in Eclipse RCP Help system, which
reduces the learning curve for users.